9 Julio
Well, I´ve made it to my first Friday in Ecuador! I´ve been holding my own in Spanish class and feeling quite proud of myself, although really I heard all of it years ago in highschool. Today, however, we got into irregular verbs and I now remember WHY Spanish seemed so hard!
Surfing was really hard too today because we were on our own while Isidro (aka Antonio Bandares) stayed on shore. This meant we had to pick our own waves and paddle, in addition to actually standing up on the board, on the wave. I managed to get up (sort of) about 4 times, but had some serious wipeouts. So really, today I learned how to cartwheel off the front of a surfboard and do interpretive dance moves underwater. But, you can´t wipeout if you´re not UP on the surfboard first, so really I suppose that counts as progress! Only surfers have wipeouts, right?? The waves were smaller today, which was nice, because I swallowed a lot less water. So, I think today was my best day yet, I´d say! I´m REALLY excited for tomorrow...Isla de la Plata!
What a wonderful trip! I hope you are enjoying your time in Ecuador. I look forward to hearing lots of stories when you return.
ReplyDeleteEspero que la estes pasando bien en Ecuador y que aprendas mucho espanol.
Besos!
Michelle